Packard Bell MV35-004 and a Core Duo

Don't ask how to over-clock.
MarcoZ
New visitors - please read the rules.

First things firsts, so i'm MarcoZ, i'm from italy :P and i've got a problem with my laptop:
I decided to upgrade both my memory and my CPU to my rather old MV35, but the CPU is not recognized proprely, that makes it go at a 1000 MHz clock with only 1 core enabled. I've heard about people using Core Duos with my chipset(toshiba laptops, i think) so i think that's not the main problem, i think it is the BIOS.
The CPU is a Core Duo T2700, the Chipset is an ATI RS400, southbridge ATI SB400(or was it 200? anyway you can find it searching for the bios), the mobo is a NEC mobo (can't find more info. on that) and the bios is an Insyde BIOS.
Now, i updated it to the R107 version - that is the version that's listed on the Packard Bell site.
I know there are later versions (mainly saw them in a PDF document), but i can't find them. Anyone has them? i'll try them even if they are not for my laptop (risking a lot, but i can't stay with an unrecognized processor). i think there are 2 versions floating around, one for the Intel 9xx chipsets, and one for the ATI RS400 chipset (and maybe later versions like the RS480). Mainly i need a BIOS that's newer than the R107, probably the bios fits in a 2 Mb flash (not sure, but i saw that in the update process) and it surely is for ATI chipsets. anyone has it?
Sharedoc
Notebook Genius

Did you try utility programs such a Rightmark CPU clock utility to setup the processor with higher multiplier?