Palomino yes T-bred no both 2000+

Don't ask how to over-clock.
Zeos
New visitors - please read the rules.

This text is also an email to apple rom

Hi there,

i have a little Problem. I recently bought an T-bred (had no control because online shop sys they dont check wheater palomino or t-bred) on a board which only supports CPU´s Thunderbird and Palomino. The CPU runs fine but the Message Unknown CPU @ 1666 MHz is displayed. (also in my win XP Pro). :cry:

So i called the tech guys at EPOX here in Germany for a beta Bios (for my EP8KTA3PRO) or somewhat else, in order to update my Bios. They told me that because of malfunctions of t-breds with more than 2100+ rating they took out or left away the t-bred name support for my board.
They only support Palomino CPUs up to 2100+.
After looking long for an easy access to my bios to change the name Tables, i found your forum and finaly registered :).

Now I found out that there is a way to edit the microcodes in the Bios via modbin or cbrom in addition with ctcm... Could you tell me a little more about this? Or even do it for me ?
I am very experienced with computers and I am a Programmer as well but a bios edit is a completely new and above all dangerous thing you know. I dont want to bust my Bios and get a new Chip just because i did something wrong.

greetz

Thomas
Denniss
BIOS Guru

ftp://ftp.epox.com/motherboard/support/ ... 203409.exe

Seems to be the latest bios

If you want to patch your Bios try Applerom's Bios patcher at www.rom.by
Zeos
New visitors - please read the rules.

Yes, true, but it only updates the Highpoint Raid Controler Bios to the newest revision (whitch actually isnt included on the KTA3PRO but on the KTA3PR+).

There is also no hint in the readme for added CPU strings.
But thanks for the answer :)