PLEASE HELP My bios not recodnized Pentium III CPU

Don't ask how to over-clock.
saulius
New visitors - please read the rules.

So when i bought CPU Pentium III (733Mgz). One guy say to me this Cpu will work on "chaintech" i440lx motherboard. But when i change this CPU, PC do not turn on Display (Black screen).
My Old CPU Is Celeron 400Mgz.
Also i download new Bios 07/20/1999-i440LX-8671-2A69JC39C-00.
AND NOTHING.
MAYBE you cann help Me.
THANKS.
Denniss
BIOS Guru

This guy was an idiot.
Your board does not seem to support the lower voltage your new CPU needs and, even worse, if this CPU will be recognized then it will run slower than your existing CPU. Reason: the 733 MHz PIII does need 133 MHz FSB but your board is only capable of 66 MHz FSB (75 with OC). That'll result in 367 MHz.

I really doubt your board will support more than a Celeron Mendocino with 533 MHz, he same core than your existing but only 133 MHz faster.

Better save some money and get a somewhat decent cheap Sempron (AMD64-based) system.
cp
BIOS Guru

Denniss already said it all..well, almost.
your board will run with a Celeron 766MHz at max. This is the last processor that supported the 66MHz FSB your board is able to at max (without OC that is as Denniss already stated). And even if you would find a Celeron 766 for cheap, there might be some modifications necessary on the Slocket to get it running.
I'd recommend the same Denniss already did: get a cheap sempron upgrade kit (mainboard + cpu) to avoid even more trouble with the old LX board.