prescott running half speed on my mobo (need fsb adj opt)

Don't ask how to over-clock.
sphere
New visitors - please read the rules.

sup! :) so.. i have this mobo my friend gave me its from a old compaq (here it is> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/gene ... en&lang=en

and so when i put my Prescott 3.0 in it the it defaults to 400 fsb and pc2100 therefore reducing the cpu freq to 1.5ghz (because the mobo doesn't officially support ddr400 or 800 fsb)

so i was wandering if it would be possible to in list the help of one of you gurus in adding a fsb adjust option to this mobos bios and maybe a ram divider option as well but i don't really need that :)

thanks!! :)

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/gene ... en&lang=en
here is the bios btw :)
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

http://www.esupport.com as we don't crawl that deep into a bios to allow overclocking of the chipset. You may be better off selling that Prescoot and getting a 533MHz FSB 3.06GHz CU that is supported (providing you use PC2700 memory that is).
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
cp
BIOS Guru

the MSI MS-6577 only supports 100/133MHz fsb due to the chipset used. so you will only be able to use your processor with a core frequency of 2GHz (133x15). there should be an option in the bios that sets the fsb to 133MHz and maybe beyond. but keep in mind that the mainboard's chipset is made to handle 133MHz fsb at max. i'd do what edwin proposed or get a new mainboard instead.
don't get confused by the numbers..100MHz fsb is FSB400 (100MHz with a bus that transfers 4 words on one cycle) and 133MHz is FSB533(same thing here with 133MHz instead). i really hate those marketing terms as they really say nothing at all. they just confuse people.
sphere

cp wrote:the MSI MS-6577 only supports 100/133MHz fsb due to the chipset used. so you will only be able to use your processor with a core frequency of 2GHz (133x15). there should be an option in the bios that sets the fsb to 133MHz and maybe beyond. but keep in mind that the mainboard's chipset is made to handle 133MHz fsb at max. i'd do what edwin proposed or get a new mainboard instead.
don't get confused by the numbers..100MHz fsb is FSB400 (100MHz with a bus that transfers 4 words on one cycle) and 133MHz is FSB533(same thing here with 133MHz instead). i really hate those marketing terms as they really say nothing at all. they just confuse people.
hehe :p im not confused :)

there isn't any frequency control options in the bios :( (not even a section for them)

i know the chipset isn't rated for 200x4 fsb but a motherboard i used to have that had the same chipset had no problem running at that speed :)

i have ddr400 in it btw it which is being underclocked down to pc 2100 cause of this

na im not gonna go out and buy stuff these are spare parts im tryin to get to work and mabye make a spare rig out of :)

well thanks for the help dudes :) i tried using clockgen (for anyone who is looking this up for information) but my pll isn't supported :(

thanks again :)
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

but a motherboard i used to have that had the same chipset had no problem running at that speed
not all boards are created equal
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
sphere

edwin wrote:
but a motherboard i used to have that had the same chipset had no problem running at that speed
not all boards are created equal
of course hehe :p i was only hopin :p