Processor Speed recognition...(I might have been a bad user)

Don't ask how to over-clock.
HeLRaZR
New visitors - please read the rules.

I think I may have erred and sent a PM when I shouldn't have. For this I apologise and will be careful to avoid further indiscretions. I'm just hoping someone with "know-how" sees my post and is able to help here's the story as posted in what was probably the wrong forum and a revival of a 2 month old thread:

WOW!

Finally after weeks of searching I've I think I've found the right place. I guess the gist of my post is directed towards Rainbow who did the hard drive mod for my Creative BlasterBoard model M003. The bios you modded already is "M003nl47.bin". Now I'll have to test it at home tonight but here is what I'm wondering. This board can run with virtually any coppermine or tualatin(with Powerleap or Upgradeware tualatin to slot1adapters) processors, however, I notice a funky issue with the way the processors themselves are recognized. Anything over 900MHz is not recognized correctly speedwise it just tosses out a hex reading I think. Also, even with the FSB set to 133 via mainboard jumpers, a PIII 1 GHZ with 133 FSB is recognized as a PIII @ 750MHz. Which is the correct multiplier but X 100FSB. Is there any way to have processors recognized correctly by the BIOS:

a- For speeds faster than 900MHz
b- For processors with a 133MHz FSB

If anyone is able to shed some light on this aggravating issue or point me in the direction of a:

"MOD your own BIOS 101" webpage I shall be eternally grateful. And thanks by the way for the update for the 128GB drives for my current BIOS that is truly cool...
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

This would require some knowledge of the locations where the chip codes are stored and that information isn't public. A new release from Creative MIGHT have contained them, but you guessed it: not going to happen...
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...