Sony Vaio PCV-L600S with PowerLeap PL-iP3/T

Don't ask how to over-clock.
TNT69
New visitors - please read the rules.

After searching the web for so long, I came across this forum and it seems like my last hope.

I have a Sony VAIO slimtop PCV-L600S with slot 1 P-III 500MHz 100MHz FSB. Then I bought a PowerLeap PL-iP3/T with (Tualatin) Celeron 1.4GHz. After I installed it, the machine just didn't boot (blank screen). I install PowerLeap on another machine (Dell GX1) and it works fine.

I managed to borrow P-III 733/133MHz and P-III 1GHz/133MHz and they works flawlessly on my Sony. The only problem is the 733MHz show up as 550MHz (5.5 x 100) and the 1GHz only ran at 750MHz (7.5 x 100). I've upgraded my BIOS to the latest version that Sony have on their web site but it still didn't work.

Using BIOS agent I got the following:
BIOS Type: Award Modular BIOS v4.51PG
BIOS Signon: 10/18/99-i440BX-SHACHI
BIOS Eval: ACPI BIOS Revision L1006
Chipset: Intel 440BX/ZX rev 3
Superio: Winbond 977TF rev 0 found at port 3F0h

I searched the web with above BIOS string and nothing turned up. I called Unicore and they said they don't touch Sony BIOS. I tried CTBIOS and discoverd that the board was made by ASUS but didn't look like anything ASUS made commercially. (The board has integrated VDO, Audio, PCMCIA controller, and Memory stick reader.) This is not a Notebook, by the way.

Here's what I'm thinking:
1. Since P-III is working, is it safe to assume that non Tualatin Celeron will work?
2. Is there a way to modify my BIOS to have it recognize my CPU?

Additional note: The BIOS only sees HDD up to 32GB but it's not my big concern right now. It'd be nice to have it fixed though.
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

There was a bug in Asus P2B BIOS causing the CPUs with multipliers 11x and up to not work (not only Tualatin, but also Coppermine Celerons). The latest BETA BIOS fixed this problem. Looks like your BIOS has this bug too.
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere