Tyan Tempest i5000px cpu support request

Don't ask how to over-clock.
ozlay
New visitors - please read the rules.

i recently acquired a Tyan Tempest i5000px motherboard and i wanted to upgrade the cpu's to something faster and well long story short the CPU's i got are not supported by the latest bios and i was wondering how to mod the BIOS and add the needed microcode for my new CPU's i am trying to get a pair of x5260's to work with the motherboard was wondering if someone could add the microcode for me or show me a tutorial or at least point me in the right direction :?

Motherboard: http://www.tyan.com/archive/products/ht ... 000px.html

Latest Bios: ftp://ftp.tyan.com/bios/S5380_v203b_beta.zip
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Your hardware does not support 45nm Xeon 5000 series CPUs, ony 65nm Xeon 5000 series CPUs. A bios patch is not going to change that.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
ozlay
New visitors - please read the rules.

edwin wrote:Your hardware does not support 45nm Xeon 5000 series CPUs, ony 65nm Xeon 5000 series CPUs. A bios patch is not going to change that.
actually the bios has been moded and is now working with the new cpus iv also recently upgraded too a pair of quads so everthing is working fine now but thanks anyways
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Make sure the mainboard voltage regulators are properly cooled, if they are not designed for the 45nm CPU they will be strained a lot, producing excessive heat.
That's usually the main reason for non-support of newer CPU, the regulators were not designed for the high Ampere load on them.