what are the specs based on cpu recognition in the BIOS?

Don't ask how to over-clock.
tonyhouse
New visitors - please read the rules.

hi.I read some topics about cpu recognition....
I'm interested to replace my notebook's cpu a64 DTR core clawhammer (81,5W) with a mobile one (a64 4000+ core newark 62W).

some people, that have a mb that support sempron models (62W) installed succesfully mobile a64s chips (62W) without upgrading BIOS...
sempron and a64 mobile chips have a different core, revision and architecture...why are they recongized with an unique BIOS?

last thing:
a person installed succesfully an a64 mobile chip 3000+ (62W) on my laptop (I don't know if core clawhammer or newark) but the cpu was always at maximum speed and overvolted voltage (1,5v instead 1,35v).
WHERE are these things written into the bios????
I have the latest bios for my notebook, and in the log there are NO mentioned upgrades of cpu support.
however, I have a phoenix bios, I obtained the phoenix bios editor pro but I didn't find anything related to the cpu support...
I downloaded also the bios installed on another notebook (ferrari 3200, that mount a64mobile cpus and has the same chipset and vga)
Can I make a comparision between these two bios to know how to implement the recognition of mobile a64s on my notebook?

thanks....I hope to get a solution with your help.
bye!
PS: table of notebook a64 cpus are here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AM ... processors
tonyhouse
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have an acer aspire 1501lmi that have the same motherboard of an acer ferrari 3x00 (same chipset, same vga but different cpu support...it supports mobile athlon64 chips, mine only supp. athlon64 DTR chips..)
can I replace the UPDATE0.ROM with the one that I find in the ferrari's BIOS???? (I can only replace, not add module..)
...or just flash the other firmware completely?
thanks for the help...
Sharedoc
Notebook Genius

To be honest, I don't see much benefit of changing the CPU since the difference is so small in power consumption. Maybe it is wisest to wait until better CPUs/bios versions become available...