Search found 7 matches

by cyberbum
Sun Jul 21, 2002 1:19 am
Forum: General BIOS Questions
Topic: Need Help for FAQ 23, changing Intel OEM bios
Replies: 10
Views: 6740

I didn't mean boot from the floppy in recovery mode as in to the dos prompt. I just assumed that according to Intels bios recovery info. you're to switch the jumpers, then power up. so it has to look to the floppy I would think, to find loadrec.exe? right well, anyways I tried the original bios file...
by cyberbum
Sat Jul 20, 2002 10:13 pm

Hello Rainbow, yes I do have the original bios saved on both floppy and harddrive. If I rename the files like you said, wouldn't I only rename the first file, orig.bio because it actually calls up orig.bi1, which then calls orig.bi2, which calls orig.bi3, is that about right.. that's where I'm wonde...
by cyberbum
Sat Jul 20, 2002 9:54 pm

I found a text editor called GUN, was able to change replace "DT0space" with "DT0T" and save the file with NO byte size change. Tried flashing the bios again, with the Iflash utility. The flash completed and prompted for the restart. BUT no picture, you can hear it trying to do something, floppy lig...
by cyberbum
Fri Jul 19, 2002 1:55 am

Tried recovery method, not sure if I did it correctly. set jumper A to 4-5, inserted floppy disc, with bios files, sys files, recovery files. I'm having to assume that loadrec.exe Biosdt0.rec Biosdt0.re1 Biosdt0.re2 Biosdt0.re3 are the recovery files. booted system, no video even with ISA video card...
by cyberbum
Fri Jul 19, 2002 12:18 am

Thanks for the reply Rainbow, I've been reading about that, the recovery method, but I'm kinda new to this stuff. From what I understand about it, 1 I need a isa vga card if I want to view, got that covered, or just listen for the beeps. 2 set the cmos jumper to recovery mode. 3 as the system boots ...
by cyberbum
Thu Jul 18, 2002 11:47 pm

Need Help for FAQ 23, changing Intel OEM bios

has anyone attempted the trick in faq 23. "How to flash an Intel AMI BIOS on an Intel OEM board ? (e.g. when you have BIOS 1.00.xx.CB0H and want to update to a 1.00.xx.CB0 BIOS)." I'm trying to do that on a pd440fx gateway board #4000273, gateway dont have a bios update, and Intel's site says with B...