Search found 6 matches

by danidaniel
Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:37 pm
Forum: My motherboard is dead
Topic: Black screen after bad BIOS update P4S8L
Replies: 11
Views: 10948

Unfortunatelly I have no an internal floppy port on my motherboard. P4s8L do not have one. I will go this afternoon to a spetial store that can reflash the BIOS in the ROM with this ROM file. The questions I have are: * Is this the correct ROM file? At least is the one I've been trying to blash befo...
by danidaniel
Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:11 am

Thanks for your clarifying answer CP!! as i've been told by an expert is exactly what you have been telling me in your post. In that sense, I was thinking of extracting the bios from the motherboard and bring it to a store that can write it supplying the correct file. as you tell me that with a boot...
by danidaniel
Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:29 am

I've tried again to clear CMOS switching the jumpers from the 1&2 pins to the 2&3 pins, without electric power and even removing the battery for 10 min and after back to the 1&2 pins but... still black screen and no beeps. What does means that when I start computer any beep sounds? how can I know if...
by danidaniel
Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:04 pm

Thanks Edwin, A physical review of the capacitors of my motherboard doesn't show any sign of being bad. My computer is a Barebone ASUS Pundit (AB-P2600). Thanks again for your help. maybe it's beter try to use a new video card using the PCI slot. In that way, and supposing that the computer will be ...
by danidaniel
Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:28 am

Black screen after bad BIOS update P4S8L

Hi all, I've bought a samsung SyncMaster 2043nw and my P4S8L did not support the max resolution 1680X1050. I read in this forum that upgrading the BIOS it shoud be ok to reach the desired resolution. I downloaded the BIOS file from your site and as I wasn't able to flash it via boot CD (something wi...