Search found 6 matches

by dcmaniac
Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:36 am
Forum: Notebook BIOS and other problems
Topic: Please help: HP Omnibook XE2 BIOS modification
Replies: 3
Views: 7992

Sharedoc Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:22 am Post subject: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Did you try smaller hard disk 40 ... 60G? Yes, I tried 20G and 40G. Both of them were recognized as different geometry than in other notebooks. :( :( In BIOS setu...
by dcmaniac
Sat May 27, 2006 1:35 pm
Forum: In-depth High-tech BIOS section
Topic: Phoenix BIOS Edit 2.0.18E error: Subscript out of range
Views: 11677

Phoenix BIOS Edit 2.0.18E error: Subscript out of range

Hi, BIOS Gurus, I'm now wrestling in this problem for days and can't find any clue. The purpose and other details of my intention is posted http://www.wimsbios.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8139 . The BIOS file I'm working with is Phoenix release 6.0 splitted to *.rom and platform.bin files (not the ne...
by dcmaniac
Sat May 27, 2006 1:17 pm
Topic: BIOS Cracks 4 A HP Pavilion ZV5213AP
Replies: 4
Views: 6158

hp bios writers should be condemed for their pathedic scripts . about time companys adopt the better version which allows the end user to freely configure the machine as ought to be instead of the assumed correct standards(boring morons) Exactly! pablo_gsxr750, did you try to modify the BIOS file w...
by dcmaniac
Sat May 27, 2006 1:05 pm
Forum: In-depth High-tech BIOS section
Topic: HP m7160n help?
Replies: 6
Views: 6684

Is it an Award, AMI or Phoenix BIOS? If it's the first one, you are lucky, because there are bunches of powerful tools such as BP, modbin, etc.. You can check Collected Wisdom section of this forum. :idea: But if it's a Phoenix one, probably the only way is to try Phoenix BIOS Editor , with which I'...
by dcmaniac
Sat May 27, 2006 4:29 am
Topic: Please help: HP Omnibook XE2 BIOS modification
Views: 7992

Please help: HP Omnibook XE2 BIOS modification

I have an XE2 DB with 440BX chipset and 366MHz PII, and I removed its built-in FDD (to decrease weight) and upgraded its HDD from 6.5G to 80G. But I encountered two problems: :( 1. BIOS setup can neither change FDD setting nor auto-detect FDD removal, thus every POST prompts error and ask for "F1" t...