Adding T-bred support for IWill KK266

Only for programmers and BIOS gurus with technical questions.
RC51rider
New visitors - please read the rules.

I'm trying to mod the bios for the KK266 mobo to add support for the AMD T-bred CPUs. Toward that end I've surfed around and acquired all the tools and have disassembled the bios and started looking over the assembly listing, only to discover that it's not intuitively obvious were the code that controls the multiplier settings and CPU identification is located or how to go about identifying it. I tried single stepping through it using a debugger but I don't know the initial register states so the path I end-up following isn't representative of a 'normal' initialization sequence.

There are several of us working on this project (with various levels of assembly experiece from intermediate to strong) but we're relatively new to bios work, so any help would be appreciated.
apple_rom
Use my patch at your own risk!!

RC51rider
Try this - http://rom.by/Award/patcher/bp-4rc_B.rar (description - http://rom.by/articles/BP/index_english.htm ). After flashing - clear CMOS. If MB+patched_BIOS+T-bred don`t starting - posted here.
RC51rider

Thanks apple_rom! Actually, I did use your patcher and it appears to work -- at least it didn't break anything in my current system and everything seems to be stable. I checked the file it created and it sure looks like everything was updated correctly. I'm currently waiting to save-up enough money to purchase another T-bred but that'll take another couple of weeks. :(

Great tool apple_rom! If this works, would you like me to add an acknowledgement to biospatcher's part in creating the bios?
RC51rider

apple_rom,

I used bp-4rc71 and the link you've given is for bp-4rc_b; for some reason the .rar file size of the bp-4rc_b is approx. one fourth the size of bp-4rc71, but that's moot as it doesn't seem to work anyway. What's the correct version of bios patcher to use?

Thanks,
RC
RC51rider

apple_rom, please disregard my email...biopatcher worked fine, the problem I had was do to using the /p option (which is under test). When I modded without that setting everything went fine. :D
RC51rider

Apple_rom, well it was a nice try but the bios mod didn't do anything to help the T-bred post/boot on the KK266 any suggestions?