AMI bios ver 0AAVEP06 problem.

Only for programmers and BIOS gurus with technical questions.
usalabs
New visitors - please read the rules.

Before I ask the question, I have tried asking the question at the gateway support centre, and they said they can't help because:-

1.....I bought the computer as second user privately (not from a store)
2.....I'm not the person that the gateway customer number has been allocated to.

Now the question.

I updated the bios from 0AAVEP06 to 0AAVEP09, and according to a 'default.cfm' file there are some bios options that get written to by the script, but those options, such as ps/2 mouse support :[enable]/[disable] do not get shown after F1 is pressed to enter the bios.

The previous bios signon string is:-

63-0100-006201-00101111-031501-solano-0AAVEP06-Y2KC-5

The system is a gateway E-3400 (corfu II), I can not find any details for the motherboard, or if there is a way to show any of these options.

The reason I flashed the bios, is, after trying several ps/2 mice, the bootup screen shows that there is no ps/2 mouse connected, I tried an optical mouse, the mouse lights up bright then goes dim during the post, showing that the mouse works, but the bios does not detect it.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Maybe PS/2 mice get autodetected now. There is no mouse support in the bios (never was or will be). To use the mouse in DOS you need mouse.com, to use it in windows you need a suitable mouse driver and you need to make sure the PS/2 ports are recognized correctly. The surefire way is loading the Intel chipset inf updater.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...