ASUS P4R8L Motherboard bios help needed

Only for programmers and BIOS gurus with technical questions.
Goahead
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi all

Well, i have been reading so much things about ACPI, but im still stuked into IRQ problems.

Bad TV tuners hardware like "pinnacles" or even asus tv/fm have problems regarding IRQs (some foruns tells that Hauppauge tv cards are working in P4R8L)

I have bougth an PUNDIT-R from asus, and it has only 2 PCI slots.
Well you can gess my problem....

PCI slot 1 gives the same IRQ of Video Card (build-in) IRQ16
PCI slot 2 gives the same IRQ of sound resources (build-in) IRQ17

Since TV tuners requests much resources from pci bus everyone recomends a diferent IRQ for TV Tuners...

Of course having the same IRQ shouldnt be a problem for winxp, but with junk hardware thats really bad (hangs pc)! :?

ACPI doesnt allow us to change it manually, so im stuck into a problem.
Whats the best way to make it work (winxp ACPI to standart pc???) and what about the bios settings? :(

Bios version: 1005r

Regards
Goahead
Denniss
BIOS Guru

The problems are not within the Software-IRQ - that's what you have up to 15 or up to ~24 with I/O APIC enabled.
The problem with some TV-cards is they want to have their own PCI INT# (hardware-IRQ) number. Should not be a problem with only to PCI slots - a good designed board should have a free PCI INT# for both.
Goahead
New visitors - please read the rules.

Thank you Denniss

So i really have to buy a good TV Tuner like Hauppauge's (PVR)
I see in foruns that those boards dont give any trouble regarding IRQs.

What i dont understand is why Asus pundit-R does not work with Asus TV/FM board, (IRQs of course) but do they test the hardware that they sell?

A good company like Asus shouldnt sell hardware that is not compatible with same brand!

Thats a shame!

Best regards
Goahead