Award BIOS editing tool

Only for programmers and BIOS gurus with technical questions.
3BABY
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hey Guys,

this may have been a topic thats been visited before but i have been searching forever to try and find a suitable editing tool for Award BIOS's all the tools ive managed to get a out of date and cant seem to load a recent BIOS image properly.

im trying to modify the following DFI LANPARTY DK X58-T3eH6 BIOS http ://img.lanparty.tw/Upload/BIOS/CM/DX58D701.zip

im looking for something do do some in-depth modifications to try and get some stability on the board and trying to tweak the BIOS as much as i can .. any help would be much appreciated.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

if your board is unstable with stock settings don't expect that to improve when tweaking, you'd better do a good check just on how compatible that memory is that you bought for it. Usually that is a problem. Skimping on the power supply is another, expect to buy much more oomph than you thought you needed...
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
srcshelton
New visitors - please read the rules.

I've be very interested in this too... I have a Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P mainboard with Award 6.00PG BIOS, and there's a couple of things I'd like to change:
  • Gigabyte have added an ugly toxic-green "Dual BIOS" logo below the EPA logo, and I'd like to change or hide this;
  • I have an IBM Model M "Space Saver" keyboard with no numeric keypad, yet Gigabyte have hidden the option to set Num Lock on or off and defaulted it to on - which is the wrong choice in this case. I'd like to either set numlock off by default or, even better, un-hide the option.
awdbedit has a go at opening the latest (F6) BIOS, but there are so many unknown segments and the Setip Menu strings are corrupt, it's not going to work. It's a shame that this hasn't been kept up to date...

(And it reckons that "Numlock active on boot" isn't set... go figure ;)