AWARD ModBin Tool

Only for programmers and BIOS gurus with technical questions.
wsw243
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi,
I buy used ECS P6 SEP-Me board with 1Ghz org processor but after buy it I put processor on other board and I work only at 667Mhz I put other processor in ECS board but this still shown Pentium III 1000Mhz. I see processor and found second sticker on it I put it and see original sticker as 667Mhz. I think that it was do by AWARD ModBin6 but I not found that how change CPU display freq? did anyone can tell me plz that how can I fixed CPU freq. in BIOS for my choice? AWARD ModBin6 is also show error when open compressed .bin file and version 6.xx. It is open only 4.56PG version file but save function disabled reason of demo version. Suggest me other best tool for modify bin file that should easy and compatible with all versions and type of bin files. Waiting for your kind response. Thanks.

Vicky
Denniss
BIOS Guru

You have to re-set the CPU FSB used by your motherboard either per Jumper or Bios-Option .
If new CPU does not work due to too high FSB and switching FSB is only possible in Bios Clear CMOS to reset your Bios/FSB to default/66MHz