AWDBedit-- how to display in english?

Only for programmers and BIOS gurus with technical questions.
bdoggy
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi, I'm using Award Bios Edit to turn on a feature in my bios (SmartFan Enable), but only unreadable characters are being displayed. Can any help me to get the display in readable english?

The board is a Biostar 945GZ Micro 775 SE, and the manual shows this entry for the bios, so I'm pretty sure that they just haven't turned the feature on in the posted bios on their website; they won't give me a commitment regarding the update, either.

Linked below is a screen capture of where I'm at.

thx,

bdog

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/9048 ... eenel6.jpg
Last edited by bdoggy on Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cp
BIOS Guru

award bios edit just doesn't support your bios, that's all. it assumes fixed byte offsets for menu items and they are completely wrong for your bios. no way fixing that without resourcing the some bioses and writing a module that supports those phoenix bios types.
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.
bdoggy

Thanks, CP. Just to be clear, are you saying that there are no tools that allow me to turn on that feature in this bios type?
cp wrote:award bios edit just doesn't support your bios, that's all. it assumes fixed byte offsets for menu items and they are completely wrong for your bios. no way fixing that without resourcing the some bioses and writing a module that supports those phoenix bios types.
KachiWachi
The New Guy

bdoggy wrote:Thanks, CP. Just to be clear, are you saying that there are no tools that allow me to turn on that feature in this bios type?
I wouldn't go that far.

All cp is saying is that the Award BIOS Editor 1.0 that you are using does not understand your particular BIOS file.

As to another tool that would...I cannot answer this question.

Thanks.
apple_rom
Use my patch at your own risk!!

0442 CPU Fan Control :
    Always ON
    Smart
CMOS Rx48, bit 1
bdoggy

thanks, apple-rom, but I don't see how to proceed; please advise!

thx,

brad
---------
apple_rom wrote:0442 CPU Fan Control :
    Always ON
    Smart
CMOS Rx48, bit 1