Gigabyte GA-8S648FX - Menu options enabled but not showing

Only for programmers and BIOS gurus with technical questions.
Agent24
BIOS Newbie

I have a Gigabyte GA-8S648FX running BIOS revision version F8.

Some options I can't find in the BIOS setup screen when I turn the PC on (such as turning on SMART, enable Hyperthreading etc)

I opened the file with Modbin6 and checked the menu items. SMART options and other options were enabled as menu items yet I can find no trace of them in the setup menu when the PC is on.

Anyone heard of this before?
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

you need a CPU that supports HT to begin with. You need a harddisk that supports smart to begin with. You can't add it to them via the bios. And I think the key combo to show advanced menu's in a Gigabyte bios is Alt-F1 iirc.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
Agent24
BIOS Newbie

The hard drive definitely supports SMART - I can do a readout with speedfan after booting into windows.

Not sure if the CPU is HT or not. I think so.

There are other options like Quickboot which also do not show up. It's very odd
Agent24
BIOS Newbie

Tried Alt-F1 in BIOS menu, nothing happened
Agent24
BIOS Newbie

Well I opened it up in MODBIN6 again, and checked the SMART option. By default the option is disabled, so I enabled it, flashed and then loaded defaults.

The menu item is still not showing but now SMART comes up as enabled on the System summary screen after POST.
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Please carefully read the motherboard manual, it should be mentioned somewhere how to open the advanced Bios showing many more options.
Agent24
BIOS Newbie

You were both right - I re-read the manual and discovered that you need to press Ctrl+F1 at the main menu to enable the advanced options

Never heard of that before, so I didn't think of it.