How To:Extended/Hidden Bios Settings For Phoenix

Only for programmers and BIOS gurus with technical questions.
ironhorse99
New visitors - please read the rules.

Phoenix Trusted Core:
Hi: I have looked on this site for info on how to access extended/hidden features for my bios. I run a new acer 5610 & have installed 4GB ran which I've tested & found good. I understand the 32 bit Operating systems(i run vista home premium) have trouble showing/using all the ram however I stumbled onto a site in which a user claimed to make a chage which allows the machine to see all the memory(4GB): Bios>advanced chipset features>Dram Config.> MTRR Mapping Mode>Discreet.
My Question: How do I access the hidden features within the bios. The Bios offers very little.
I understand there are ways to "get behind" the user interface. Thanks in advance for any help offered. Mike :)
Richpuke

Hi, I too am trying to access the PhoenixTrustedcore extended bios.

Did you ever find out how to do this ?

I have a Rock CTX Pro laptop that keeps freezing and shutting down.

I have even installed Mandriva 2008 to prove it is not a software configuration problem, as Rock Technical help say it is. But the same problems persist.

I am desperate to unlock or flash the bios (as I beleive this bios is wrong for the CTX Pro configuration).

The machine came with Vista installed, which I changed to XP Pro, then Mandriva, but I still get the same results.

Rock have been no help at all, and have now gone into receivership.

ANY help would be appreciated, especially in flashing the BIOS and starting again..............otherwise I am still stuck with a £1200 peice of junk.

Rich
liaoo

I don't think we can see/use extended/hidden settings within BIOS because you have binary file !

That is, before MP the BIOS settings/options are fixed(except setup menu) and thus user can not see/use some options if BIOS programmer hides them.