How to I get my BIOS to correctly ID my processor?

Only for programmers and BIOS gurus with technical questions.
ACE100101
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have an old dinosaur desktop eMachines eTower 366i2 computer with a TriGem Computers, Inc. COMO3 motherboard. I took the Celeron 366 out and installed a Celeron 500 and removed the 64 mb memory sticks and installed 256 mb memory, and flashed the BIOS to the most recent version I could find (from AMIBIOS 41999 to 81600). The problem is my BIOS still reads the processor as a Celeron 366. I have tried BIOS Flash Utility updates, CPU\FSB Tuning\Overclocking software and resetting the jumpers, but nothing works. Al :evil: so, I installed ATI TV Wonder Pro with a ATI Radeon 9250 Graphics Card, and I am having great difficulty eliminating the Audio\Video "lag" in the live TV feed. This "lag" is not apparent in DVD playback, so I am assuming the cause is either in the ATI hardware or the motherboard's PCI latency\bridging. ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit - Removed errant BBCode tags. KW
cp
BIOS Guru

get CPU-Z to ID the cpu and speed. the multiplier is fixed and there is no way in changing it. if the machine boots correctly just let the bios display what it thinks is right ;)
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.