How to program a Toshiba BIOS flash chip from .ROM file

Only for programmers and BIOS gurus with technical questions.
phuongnt
New visitors - please read the rules.

I updated my Toshiba Tecra A7 BIOS with windows file downloaded from Toshiba website but the process was failed. Now my laptop is totally dead, won't boot up.
I already tried to re-program the flash chip with the .ROM file after cutting original .ROM file to fit 8Mbit chip size but it doesn't work.
Do I need to convert .ROM file to any other format before using programmer to flash the chip? Any hints?

Please help me. Thanks in advance

Phuong
sunbirds
BIOS Rookie

you can use hexworkshop to open the s10200mp.rom,then choose 1048576 byte from the rom header and save it to a new 1m rom.
phuongnt

Thanks for your tips. Already tried it before but didn't work that's why I posted my question here for any other hints.

Phuong
sliksikki

phuongnt wrote:I updated my Toshiba Tecra A7 BIOS with windows file downloaded from Toshiba website but the process was failed. Now my laptop is totally dead, won't boot up.
I already tried to re-program the flash chip with the .ROM file after cutting original .ROM file to fit 8Mbit chip size but it doesn't work.
Do I need to convert .ROM file to any other format before using programmer to flash the chip? Any hints?

Please help me. Thanks in advance

Phuong
I have this same problem with a Satellite M45. Tried to update the BIOS and the power just cut. Now all it does is shut off after a couple seconds.

How did you try "reprograming" the chip? I see all this stuff about using a floppy disk but my laptop doesn't have a floppy drive.