Intel logo removal

Only for programmers and BIOS gurus with technical questions.
Jedric
New visitors - please read the rules.

Need help on a couple of things. I have an Asus P5E VM-DO. AMI BIOS.

Im able to change 1A(small AMI logo) and 0E(full screen logo), but I cant find where the small intel logo is located.

What I want to do:
Remove small intel logo in splash in bottom right hand side.
Remove Post massage "Press Tab to display post message" on bottom left hand side. I believe this can be accomplished thru AMIBCP but it keep crashing.. upon bios load.
kotarak

Jedric wrote:Need help on a couple of things. I have an Asus P5E VM-DO. AMI BIOS.

Im able to change 1A(small AMI logo) and 0E(full screen logo), but I cant find where the small intel logo is located.

What I want to do:
Remove Post massage "Press Tab to display post message" on bottom left hand side. I believe this can be accomplished thru AMIBCP but it keep crashing.. upon bios load.
I don't have that motherboard, but maybe this will help:
I have an Asus P6T Deluxe, and the logo is called "Reserved," and its module ID is 1E.

If you extract it, you can see in a hex editor that it is an image. I've found that it's some kind of strange format, but loading it in Photoshop as a raw image, and accounting for the header, etc, I can see the Intel logo, but it's backwards and upside down, like it was made to be read in the opposite direction. I'm sure if I were to reverse the bytes in the file, it would look normal. Additionally, it appears to be duplicated one time vertically, so the file is much larger than it needs to be. I'm not sure the reasoning for this, but maybe it's to make spotting it harder to do.

I have tried filling the file with 0's as well as FFh's and then replacing it in the rom, and reflashing. I've also tried simply removing the module 1E. In each of these circumstances, the intel logo is gone, but a black box where it would normally appear remains. There must be some other module or part of the bios microcode that is adding that black box. I'm still working on finding out where it is.

Hope this helps!
Jedric

Thanks I already figured this out in my BIOS, from somebody so im not taking credit. its actually the 0E module OEM Logo in mine. You can extract it using MMTool and just rename it to a jpg and open it in photoshop and you will see its the intel logo. I just deleted 0E module and intel logo was gone when I booted.
kotarak

Strange. With mine, it's not a jpeg. It's actually three different images packed into one file, I've come to find out. In a hex editor, you can see the separate headers in the file, and there appears to be a footer at the end as well. The three images are slightly different, and one looks like it might provide transparency data or something. It still doesn't matter though as something else in the bios is placing that annoying black box underneath it that I've yet to figure out how to remove. :(

Oh yeah, and if I extract one of the three images, and load it in Photoshop as a raw image, set it to interleaved, compensate for the header, etc., I can get it to load the image, but it's still upside down and backwards.
GratefulDawg

kotarak wrote: It still doesn't matter though as something else in the bios is placing that annoying black box underneath it that I've yet to figure out how to remove. :(
Hey Kotarak,

I'm using the same motherboard you are and I was wondering if you ever figured out how to get rid of the black box? I deleted the "Reserved" entry and for now am using a screen that happens to be black in that area.

I'm not sure if you'll ever check this message or log in here again but if you do figure it out I'd love to know how to get rid of the black outline.
krick

Jedric wrote:Need help on a couple of things. I have an Asus P5E VM-DO. AMI BIOS.

What I want to do:
I'm trying to do the same two things with the BIOS in my ASUS P5KPL-CM motherboard. Have you made any more progress?
Grandaddy111

Sorry to resurrect an old post but I have also managed to remove the intel logo on my P6T SE but have the black box where it was situated remaining - I wonder if anyone managed to solve this?

Thanks for any help