intel mobo bios question

Only for programmers and BIOS gurus with technical questions.
cp5184
New visitors - please read the rules.

has anyone had any success with these?

I have a d845HV with an AMI based bios, so I got amibcp75103, but it won't stop making me feed it a .rom, and I don't have any to give it. is there any way to extract the bios into a form it'll like?

I'm interested in making changes that will allow this conservative intel board to run a 1.4GHz P4 mobile, if possible, at a vcore of 1.3V, and I also hope to make the bios so that it will run headless.

any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm also trying to figure out a way to read the first line of code that is run when the computer boots, so that I can read it that way, but I can't find a way of doing that either.

thanks
alex
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

cp5184 wrote:I'm also trying to figure out a way to read the first line of code that is run when the computer boots, so that I can read it that way, but I can't find a way of doing that either.
Do you mean the bootblock code in the BIOS ROM ?
Will Uniflash allow you to make a copy of your existing BIOS ?
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"
Amiboot
BIOS Rookie

Yes, use either AMI flash or Uniflash to backup your current BIOS (please don't make a copy of the 'Boot Block only' with uniflash since this program seems to read just the first 8KB of the ROM which is in many cases not the complete Boot Block). Try to extract the Boot Block with AMI Deco(+) if AMIBCP won't work.