HP Kayak XM600 (Asus P3C-D) BIOS flashing

Only for programmers and BIOS gurus with technical questions.
Th3_uN1Qu3
BIOS Rookie

Oh yeah, yet another OEM BIOS problem.

I got this board a few days ago for my dual 667MHz Coppermines along with 2 sticks of PC800 RDRAM. This was the only dual-PIII mobo i could find since my P2B-DS died due to a big power fluctuation in my area (stupid me had no UPS).

Anyway, on to the topic.

I can't get this damn thing to boot properly with my CPUs, it only boots from a floppy or from my ancient 400MB HDD that has Windows 95 preinstalled on it. Yeah, my actual rig is running off that drive by the way, it's an AMD 5x86 with 24MB of RAM and 512KB video! Mom's using my P4 rig so i have to stick with this ancient rig until i get my dual-PIIIs back up and running.

I think the board just hates my processors, since the guy i got it from was running a single 550E on it with no problems, using a terminator card. I forgot to get the terminator too when i bought the board from him, so i can't test my CPUs individually though. Also the HP BIOS doesn't recognize HDDs larger than 63GB, and i want to put a 120GB drive in.

I want to flash the original Asus P3C-D BIOS on this one, since it seems the HP OEM and Retail versions are the same, except for missing jumpers and OC options in the HP BIOS, and i read somebody has done it before and it worked for him.

Now the only problem is that the downloadable version of the Asus BIOS has 256KB, while the HP one is 512KB big. I therefore need a BIOS image from a RETAIL P3C-D board. Maybe someone still has one of those lying around and could provide me with a BIOS image.

I've also heard about PhoenixBIOS Editor Pro, but i also heard that there's not much to be done on a HP BIOS, and i just want to get rid of it and flash the Asus version.

So, anybody still got one of those boards lying around?

Thanks in advance.
Th3_uN1Qu3
BIOS Rookie

I found out that my optical drives were fried too, so i'm getting one from a friend today and see if it boots from that.

For now i'm running on the 400MB HDD from my 586 (it sure is nice running WIndows95 with 256MB RDRAM) and everything runs fine, the boot problems seem to have been caused by one of my CPUs not sitting properly in its slot.

But i want to overclock, just like on the P2B-DS, and the HP BIOS has 0 (zero) OC options. And i want my 120GB HDD recognized as well. So i still wanna flash it! :p