Old 64k AmiBios on SoC 386 chip (M6117d) - Settings Edit?

Only for programmers and BIOS gurus with technical questions.
silver
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have a custom PC that has been built around the Ali/DM&P M6117D chip.

This is basically a 386SX compatible system-on-a-chip, with inbuilt RTC with 128 byte CMOS.

The bios is 64k, apparantly an AmiBios, and the whole system boots off an internal flash disk to Dos (any version).

It has an IDE port attached, which works fine - typically you can run iomega software from Dos to map a zip drive to C: etc...

The system was setup like this - so the ide port is enabled but the bios has the HD set to "None" or similar.

What I would like to do is configure the system to autodetect the HD. However, the system has no VGA out - it drives a custom LCD - so you can not interact with the DOS shell easily - and you can not see/enter the bios.

I was hoping to edit the bios directly and reflash - however, no bios tools seem to accept the image file - or even edit the CMOS settings, but looking around for memory maps these appear to be rather unstandard...

Can anyone help?
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

You will need to add support for VGA out before you can even think of make use of this board. I'm not too sure why you would want to use it in this way, 386sx sbc boards can be had at low prices, they include VGA out even on the board.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...