Request for Guru Assistance perhaps?

Only for programmers and BIOS gurus with technical questions.
billyfisher
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello,

I am not sure whether this question quite belongs here, but then again here it seems is gathered a robust mass of BIOS brainpower so i'll field my q and see what happens.

The background to my question is listed here:

http://www.motherboards.org/forums/view ... 767#289767

And simply put i would like to know if there was anybody out there who was fluent enough in Award BIOS reprogramming to change a mere setting which the downloadable editors do not give me access to.

My PS2 port for keyboard appears to have blown a fuse. The board supports a USB Keyboard, but i never enabled it.. (Am fairly sure it was not enabled by default, but will soon know) My quest is to get the BIOS file i extracted using awdflash patched which would switch on the USB Keyboard and hey presto redner everything functional once again.

Long shot.. but hey.

Thanks for your time
soupy
Absentee administrator

If the option to enable USB keyboard is available in the BIOS setup, you can use MODBIN to enable that option, then flash the modified BIOS.
Flash your BIOS at your own risk.
sulbert
Master Flasher

Wow, AWDBedit is back and open-source!
That's really good news - the old betas looked very promising :D
maman
Master Flasher

To moderator of the forum: perhaps you can add the URL to award bios editor which I posted above into collected wisdom so that people who browse this forum will find it much more faster. Thx :D
soupy
Absentee administrator

Done. Thanks for the link.
Flash your BIOS at your own risk.