Virus in this AMI BIOS--Please review .rom files

Only for programmers and BIOS gurus with technical questions.
shaba230
New visitors - please read the rules.

Came across forums that had people downloading "hacked" versions of this particular AMI bios, I've used MM tools but can't see any differences between the two myself, I dont know what other tools to use to be able to see more about what's inside this .rom file or to see the actual differences (that's all I really want to do). When i do FC from a command prompt, differences are noted but it's all odd symbols so I can't make anything of it.

I am hoping someone here can help...here are the files, the "hacked" version is the 2004c.rom, the regular unedited version is just 2004.rom

Please tell me how to do this myself once you are able to view the differences yourself, I will pay for the software to do it if need be.

http://depositfiles.com/files/860111 (unedited version)

http://depositfiles.com/files/860129 (cracked/hacked version)

Your help is really appreciated!!!!! Thank you in advance
cp
BIOS Guru

please upload the files to a service that doesn't throw "invalid image code" all the time. thanks.
Denniss
BIOS Guru

cp wrote:please upload the files to a service that doesn't throw "invalid image code" all the time. thanks.
AFAIK you need to enable at least session cookies from this site, otherwise you always get invalid image code.
cp
BIOS Guru

okay, i downloaded the files. they are roughly the same and only differ in a small amount of bytes (~200bytes).

2004.rom contains a NEC string as manufacturer and is dated 07.03.2007
2004c.rom contains an ASUS string as manufacturer and is dated 17.03.2007

the only real difference is in a module with the id 'FC' that is included in both BIOSes (and that contains the manufacturer string).