You are my last resort for my BIOS

Only for programmers and BIOS gurus with technical questions.
Zilla62
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have an Asus P5AD2 Deluxe m/b, with an AMI bios - at least that's what the POST says. However, I can NOT seem to update the bios using all of the utilities I can get my hands on - afudos, afuwin, awdflash, uniflash, etc. - all of them giving me a firmware/hardware incompatibility error. The bios/driver update program touted in this site gave me this info: http://personal.atl.bellsouth.net/f/o/f ... s_bios.jpg

Another puzzling info, is that this m/b is supposed to have the Intel i925X chipset and CPU-Z claims that. But look at the info in the pic. Who should I believe?

Any ideas how I can update the bios, except for buying the actual flash with my desired bios?
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Are you sure this is a retail board?
If you got this board installed in a HP, Dell, etc system then it's a special OEM version and Bios support has to be done by this OEM manufacturer.
The Bios OEM string does not really look like a standard Asus string.
Zilla62

Hmmm, it may be a Dell OEM board. Will buying a "stock" bios chip, with an Asus/AMI bios, work for it?
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Zilla62 wrote:Hmmm, it may be a Dell OEM board. Will buying a "stock" bios chip, with an Asus/AMI bios, work for it?
No - there are often some hardware changes not supported by a retail Asus Bios. Try the Dell website for a newer Bios.

Why do you need a newer Bios ? Any specific reason or just because it's a bit older ?
Zilla62

Denniss wrote:
Zilla62 wrote:Hmmm, it may be a Dell OEM board. Will buying a "stock" bios chip, with an Asus/AMI bios, work for it?
No - there are often some hardware changes not supported by a retail Asus Bios. Try the Dell website for a newer Bios.

Why do you need a newer Bios ? Any specific reason or just because it's a bit older ?
I want 64-bit cpu support, which the current bios does not have. I'll try the Dell site. Thanks.