Search found 6 matches

by desertwind
Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:21 pm
Forum: General BIOS Questions
Topic: Slow BIOS reboot
Replies: 10
Views: 5243

Resolved

While waiting for the reply...I decided to try and resolve the Windows issue with my USB..... I unplugged my USB hardware and plugged them back in.... apparently I had to USB video components, a webcam and a video capture unit in conflict with one another.... as soon as the USB reinstalled the compo...
by desertwind
Wed Apr 16, 2003 6:50 pm

Specifics

This is a Dell Dimension Desktop, PIII 600, 512 MB RAM, Phoenix BIOS 4.0 Release 6.0 running Windows 2000 Pro. I'm trying to figure by your post if your telling me to remove all the cards while in BIOS setup..or from Windows..... In looking thru the BIOS all I can see to eliminate are my IDE cards, ...
by desertwind
Wed Apr 16, 2003 4:56 pm

No success

Ran thru the boot up with both the quick boot enabled and disabled...no effect...also removed various devices and reinstalled.....only thing I'm seeing in Windows is a USB device error, but all my USB devises are functioning...however did not see this error in Device Manager until the recent Critica...
by desertwind
Tue Apr 15, 2003 6:40 pm

Slow BIOS reboot

It takes 15 minutes to get thru the BIOS check.... and load Windows.... once Windows is loaded, everything performs well.
by desertwind
Tue Apr 15, 2003 6:32 pm

Slow BIOS reboot

This is a wierd problem... I was dusting my keyboard this past weekend, and thru some off combonation of key strokes, I log off my user in Windows 2000. I decided to reboot my machine and upon doing so my BIOS system check is slowed to a crawl.....almost 15 minutes to get into Windows. Once in windo...