Search found 13 matches

by dmb
Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:58 am
Forum: Other BIOS update issues.
Topic: Replaced Gateway BIOS with Vanilla intel-Need to restorei915
Replies: 43
Views: 41574

When used with a normal bios update floppy, such as delivered by Intel themselves, the recovery flash will flash the bios back, no matter what. The problem we have here I think is that Gateway refuses to release a useable floppy for this procedure to proceed or they had a major scr*w-up where it co...
by dmb
Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:16 pm

i have a question for the original poster: why did u swap out the Gateway BIOS in favor of the "vanilla" Intel BIOS for yr MoBo? i also notice that at some point you mention OSX (prsumably OSx86??) and oddly enough i came in search of this thread for similar reasons. i am trying to install osx86 on...
by dmb
Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:33 am
Forum: In-depth High-tech BIOS section
Topic: EFI on dell E1705
Replies: 3
Views: 4892

Any tutorials? Is it possible to boot it with grub? I just want to test some things to see if they work correclty with EFI.
by dmb
Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:11 am
Forum: In-depth High-tech BIOS section
Topic: EFI on dell E1705
Replies: 3
Views: 4892

EFI on dell E1705

Is it possible to get to an EFI shell on the dell E1705, which i believe is the 945 mobile chipset? Is EFI even supported on this?
by dmb
Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:07 am

The D915GAG from Gateway appears to be a different model than the retail version from Intel, hence it has its own bios instead of the universal intel EVxxxx variant. The recovery flash procedure has to work on this. It is the only recommended option by Intel to force-flash, no other utilities or me...
by dmb
Sat May 27, 2006 12:59 am

Man, my fans are still not working correcty. It seems like maybe that fans are wired diferently in the gateway board vs generic intel board.
by dmb
Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:14 pm

Would anyone who has that gateway be willing to extract the bios from there computer and give it to us? PRETTY PLEASE!
by dmb
Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:46 pm

Man, I didn't know this thread continued, because i thought i had notificaiton on. Anyway, nice information, ill try upgrading to the latest intel flash. And yes, i just ran intel express update and it updated.
by dmb
Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:23 am

Yeh, ill try to do some binary diffs, and then try to convert the whole thing to decimal, and see if i can identify(and change) the bios ID. I don't know if i'll get very far, but i'll see what i can do. Ill try comparing the .bio files. Are your sure you can use the .bio files in the DOS version of...
by dmb
Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:59 am

Yes, I already tried this, even that for some reason doesn't seem to accept the image, and gives me beeps telling me that. I will not however intentionally corrupt my flash, as that is how I actually broke (no repair) last time.
by dmb
Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:14 am

Do you happen to now the exact file that contains intel express image? Because maybe i can open that in a hex editor and try changing the id. Yes, i know its dangrous, but it may be the only choice. Also, anyone know of a utility which would convert intel express bios images into the standard ones u...
by dmb
Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:52 pm

Replaced Gateway BIOS with Vanilla intel-Need to restorei915

Hello, I have kind of a big problem. The stupid person I am, I replaced my normal gateway bios with the plain vanilla intel bios from the intel site. The best description I can give is a from another forum, where a bunch of other users have the same problem as me, and this is the same exact hardware...