Search found 7 matches

by dodo
Sat Jul 26, 2003 5:36 am
Forum: In-depth High-tech BIOS section
Topic: 74HCT 688 for CT-Flash(jumpstarter)
Replies: 6
Views: 4789

>I often replaced 74F with 74LS or even 74HCT

what do you mean replaced 74F.

AFAIK it is 74HCT in bill material not 74F <http://www.heise.de/ct/Redaktion/ea/fla ... asheng.htm>

does 74F better than 74LS or 74HCT?

what are the difference among them?
by dodo
Fri Jul 25, 2003 8:31 am
Forum: In-depth High-tech BIOS section
Topic: 74HCT 688 for CT-Flash(jumpstarter)
Views: 4789

74HCT 688 for CT-Flash(jumpstarter)

I want to build CT-Flash, and I have difficulty to find 74HCT688 in local shop. The dealer offered me 74HC688 instead of 74HCT688. I asked what is the different the two of them. He said only the speed. if I not mistaken, writing BIOS need proper timing because of sequential. If I installed 74HC688, ...
by dodo
Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:23 am
Forum: My motherboard is dead
Topic: 1 mobo dead, ==> hot-swap, = 2 mobo dead ¡?
Replies: 2
Views: 3651

you mobo is dead after hot-swapping, poor you. in this thread I want to share my experience flashing BIOS. I own J-656 VXB board, jetway, but the board get the wrong BIOS <see "flash BIOS changes BIOS ID" topic> and also I own PC-Chips mobo with the same mobo chip Intel VX. First, I try to flash jet...
by dodo
Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:50 am
Forum: BIOS Utilities & Flash Programs
Topic: CT-Flasher Info
Views: 6067

Rainbow free PCB??? Do you win any contest to get that? I want too back to the topic: I live in SE Asia(you guys are in EU and US) and I wonder if I could obtain every part easily. for the PCB, Does eMedia deliver to Asia too? If not I try to make it by myself, I ever see raw board with ISA pin in n...
by dodo
Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:34 am
Forum: BIOS Utilities & Flash Programs
Topic: CT-Flasher Info
Views: 6067

CT-Flasher Info

I am looking for any CT-Flasher info . I have go to eMedia and other german manufactures( I forget the name), unluckyly I get languange barrier because it is written in german.

Does anyone can give some info about CT-Flasher about the price program, the package from eMedia?

regards
by dodo
Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:25 pm
Forum: Other BIOS update issues.
Topic: flash BIOS changes BIOS ID???
Replies: 1
Views: 2312

flash BIOS changes BIOS ID???

If I flashing BIOS, does this BIOS ID remain unchanged? I get an used board w/o any manual, so I have to figure out what the chipset is and so on. later I get something rather odd. It is printed on the chipset "SB82437VX" and another one is 'SB82371VX' I think this board use Intel 430 VX But on the ...