Search found 9 matches

by DougButtimer
Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:37 pm
Forum: In-depth High-tech BIOS section
Topic: Programming the wake-up time
Replies: 14
Views: 14298

3. Read APM/ACPI specifications 4. Search by: RTC_STS RTC_EN DAY_ALRM MON_ALRM "ACPI WakeUp" "RTC alarm" "Resume by Alarm" 5. http://sourceforge.net/projects/nvram-wakeup/ 6. http://www.bessems.biz/wakeup/ Hi, I've been searching around for the APM/ACPI specs but can't find them ! Do you happened t...
by DougButtimer
Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:56 pm

1. Fix CMOS CRC after change values. 2. Set "Enable Resume on Alarm" to "Enable". I have set the CRC at locations 0x4c & 0x4d for changes made at 0x40, 0x42,3&4. Where is this "Enable Resume on Alarm" ?? In BIOS setup ? If so, hopefully this is already set from the previous Alarm setting within BIO...
by DougButtimer
Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:54 am

Although I have had SOME success with this project, I'm sorry to say that I still haven't been able to make it work as it should (.. yet !) I have discovered which CMOS locations to write the alarm data to, and the BIOS successfully transfers this data to the RTC. However, the PC still will not powe...
by DougButtimer
Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:13 pm

Hi cp, I think we may be talking at cross purposes here. When I talk about the BIOS setup, I'm refering to the action of entering BIOS at power-up (typically by pressing del, F1, F12 or some other keyboard key) - I didn't mean calling BIOS functions ! My application is a bolt-on to a commercial PVR ...
by DougButtimer
Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:33 pm

Hi cp, Yes, but the BIOS wakeup change is made by the user before the OS loads, so BIOS can load the RTC immediately. Why does it reload the RTC AGAIN at power-down - that's what I don't understand ! If an application wants to CHANGE this setting, then it need to know some arbitrary locations in CMO...
by DougButtimer
Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:24 am

Hi again CP ! Looking through the CMOS map that you supplied, I noticed the Serial Number bytes and that got me looking again at the CMOS data that I said that had not changed with the BIOS wakeup time settings. I was wrong (I am frequently according to my wife !) and I see three bytes different in ...
by DougButtimer
Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:53 am

Thanks for your reply CP ! You've confirmed my suspicions ! Clearly, it must be stored SOMEWHERE - I've trawled through the 128 bytes of CMOS (it repeats over the next 128, so it's an image) and looked for the data but it doesn't seem to be there. Also, changed the BIOS values, and the CMOS data (ap...
by DougButtimer
Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:56 pm

Programming the wake-up time

I want my application to be able to wake up (power-up) the computer at a time of it's choosing. I have managed to get it to write the wake-up time ot the RTC registers (offsets 1,3 and 5) accessible via I/O address 0x70 and 0x71. I can read these back O.K. However, if I restart the PC, the values ar...