Search found 8 matches

by eysikal
Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:51 pm
Forum: My motherboard is dead
Topic: BIOS Recovery Possible?
Replies: 13
Views: 10815

I received my BIOS hot-flash kit today and now I am up and running!

Thanks for all the input.
by eysikal
Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:09 am
Topic: Please help me.
Replies: 4
Views: 3481

Did you flash it successfully with the wrong file? That's what I did. According to Nick S. If you do that then the BiOS doens't detect a problem so BootBlock won't load up. Apparently the only way is to maybe short certain pins on the actual chip inorder to create an error. I can't tell you how to d...
by eysikal
Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:29 pm

Just wondering if my Windbond BiOS chip is a good quality one even though I can't fix the problem by shorting it?
by eysikal
Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:40 pm

Hey, thanks for the help.

The Hot Swap Kit will be here on Wednesday or Thursday, so I don't have a ton of waiting left to do.

You guys sure know a lot about BiOSes though....
by eysikal
Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:17 am

The chip is a PLCC. I already removed it using a special tool. Here is the information printed under the sticker on the chip: Windbond W39V040AP 233483201 345LGAA There may be someone around here who could reprogram the chip for me ... but I think it would be cool if I could do it myself. Is it a da...
by eysikal
Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:14 pm

Well, that is what happened. I flashed the incorrect BIOS, (I used a file for the 1.x revison of my board instead of the 2.0) but it was flashed successfully. So I am guessing I have a chance from what you've said. Now how would I go about making that short? Thanks for your help by the way....you se...
by eysikal
Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:51 am

BIOS Recovery Possible?

I accidentally flashed my BIOS to the latest compilation, but for the wrong revision of the motherboard. I have an ABIT NF7-S Rev. 2.0 and I accidentally flashed it with the file for the 1.X revision. Am I screwed? I already ordered a tool so that I can hotflash my BIOS in the future. I was just won...