Search found 7 matches

by Fezar
Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:01 pm
Forum: My motherboard is dead
Topic: Emachines 3220 dead mobo - very unusual problem
Replies: 4
Views: 7649

Emachines 3220 dead mobo - very unusual problem

Hi, here is the story, recently came back off holiday and tried to boot up my desktop, and it is DEAD, its an old (about 6 years old) emachines 3220 pc which has been very reliable, i.e. its a load of rubbish thrown together by emachines but i can usually revive it. Its plugged into a surge protecto...
by Fezar
Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:55 am
Forum: Where can I find a motherboard manual?
Topic: Uniwill N258SAx Motherboard Manual Required to clear CMOS
Replies: 11
Views: 12564

FIXED

8) Fixed it! 8)
Chip came from badflash.com yesterday, removed old one, with a PLCC extractor tool and it was simply a case of inserting the new one, and clearing the CMOS battery by removing it, shorting the terminals and VOILA!

Thanks for your support everyone!

Tom
by Fezar
Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:41 pm

removed CMOS battery battery and left out overnight, I am not entirely competent at hardware dissassembly, and CMOS battery was under WLAN PCI card so I wanted to try areas that I was confident in first... No POST, beeps, or boot block recovery when replaced: Still no reading from USB HDD, CD ISO or...
by Fezar
Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:33 pm

Thanks for that info, I had a look and the AMIBIOS chip is indeed in socket, and is a 32 pin 4Mbit PLCC, it is also an EON model that is supported by at least one reprogrammer I priced up. bootbloack recovery (renaming an OEM bios to AMIBOOT.ROM) still does not work as it does not look for my disk w...
by Fezar
Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:49 am

point noted

It was just too good to be true I had to try it out, the thought of better thermal control did it for me, the chance to hold laptop without asbestos gloves... Hmmm I believe bios is in socket, so can be removed and reprogrammed, but how can I tell if the KBC has been changed - I still get power i.e....
by Fezar
Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:23 pm

Uniwill N258SAx Motherboard Manual Required to clear CMOS

Hi all I am looking for a manual/or just info for the jumper settings on the board to clear the CMOS battery for a OEM modified uniwill 257SA0 situated inside a Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo D 1845 Thanks to NickS for the info I recently tried to flash a bios from the above link which appears to be incompat...