Search found 8 matches

by gavin53
Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:18 am
Forum: My motherboard is dead
Topic: BIOS ROM Checksum error - Floppy detects tho!!!
Replies: 26
Views: 19673

Hi Well have tried all your suggestions but feel the problem is the floppy or more the controller. As it just refuses to boot from the disk....... With the command lines etc in autoexec.bat file, the bootdisk firstly I gather would need to BOOT to A:\> prompt ??????? then proceed to auto flash the B...
by gavin53
Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:58 am

Hi Please find details of my previous post re BIOS Chip. Have tried both Awdflash.exe and Uniflash.exe examples below ----------------------------- Bootdisk containing Command.com awdflash.exe vba-2bab.bin autoexec.bat Autoexec contains @ECHO OFF SET PATH=A:\ awdflash vba-2bab.bin /py /sb /sy /cc --...
by gavin53
Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:13 am

Hi

Details of Bios as follows
Brand - EON
EN29F002NT
-70P
0013 (These are the details on actual chip top side

There is also series of numbers on the base which are
B1H31
0013C

On the label is
AWARD 1998
PCI/PNP 686

tks again for help
Gavin
by gavin53
Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:57 am

Hi - In response to Pete V - Post My chip is 32 pin and replacable Awdflash and vba-2bab.bin files where from Soyo M/b Manuf and for this Board which is SY-6VBA133 Just using the one graphics card a PCI. I only have 4 files on my disk (Should there be 6 as per your post) ----------------------------...
by gavin53
Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:32 am

Thankyou for your reply My situation now is:- Floppy was working ok before BIOS failed. I have changed cables and also a new floppy drive, and also followed the procedure for formating boot disk format /s etc from dos. I have video from both AGP and PCI cards. I found an old ISA card that connects t...
by gavin53
Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:34 pm

Hi I am still trying to get my floppy to detect from Boot Block .......... on start-up it will not boot and still gives me the msge Bios rom checksum error Insert system disk and press enter I have checked other posts within here and most have some success at recovery from this situation.. I have ma...
by gavin53
Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:19 pm

BIOS ROM Checksum error - Floppy detects tho!!!

Hi I have browsed for couple hours within this form with similar problems that I have. My BIOS I suspect is corrupt but thought I would post anyway to get confirmation before I thow this M/B in the trash. I have an Award bios but when I power up now I get the following message "Detecting floppy driv...