GA-7S748-L upgrade

BIOS Questions that don't belong in the other forums. Read them!
Silk_the_Absent1
New visitors - please read the rules.

I've read from several different reviews that the SiS 746FX chipset could make use of an agp/pci lock and several companies had them in their bios's. Taking into consideration that the SiS 748 chipset is just an updated version of the 746FX (it even shows as the 746FX in WCPUID and other ID programs). I was looking to see if anybody had made a bios that incorporated an agp/pci lock. I'm currently running the F4 bios that came with the motherboard, there is an F5 available, but all it does is fix a temp inaccuracy issue that apparantly my board doesn't have (I checked my temps with a probe and found them to be within 2C of what the board is reporting.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Adam
Silk_the_Absent1

Bump

Anybody?

-Adam
Denniss
BIOS Guru

AFAIK this AGP/PCI-Lock is not available within the chipset - it must be realized via a second PLL-chip for this feature .
No second PLL no AGP/PCI Lock
Silk_the_Absent1

Oh well, Anyway I was planning on getting a XP-M 2200+ 35 watt, and running the FSD @ 200 (400 DDR) so is an AGP/PCI lock even required? I'm hoping to be able to first boot it @ something like 9 * 200, and then raise the multiplier after that. I realize that this is an overclocking related question, and I apologize for asking it here, but what I need to know is if the bios will run an appropriate FSB divisor to keep my agp and pci busses from being damaged.

-Adam
Denniss
BIOS Guru

No lock required at standard settings 100/133/166/200 MHz FSB .
Even raising the FSB does raise AGP/PCI at a slow rate - try to find your PLL-chip or use CPUFSB/CPUCOOL to find it and display it's data to show AGP/PCI-speeds available with certain FSB-settings
Silk_the_Absent1

Will do, thank's very much.

-Adam