Asus P2B BIOS newer than 1014 BETA 001

BIOS Questions that don't belong in the other forums. Read them!
Tidalix
New visitors - please read the rules.

I've seen your discussion here and hope you have some information about the new features of the Bios 1014Beta002 for P2B-Series.

I have 3 different Types of P2B here. But I am especially interested in the compatibility of a P2B-D Rev 1.06D01 and the FCGPA-Pentium III-1100. I want to use them with the Asus Slotadapter S370-DL Rev 1.02. I think the Hardware is OK, but there the well known Problem while booting at FSB 100MHz.

The Asussupport in my language do not answer these question and i have not found infos on other asus-pages.

Somebody here who knows something? Is it sure that the new Bios works with CPU's with D0-Stepping?

Thx Tidalix :?:
DPF

Your prob is not with 100FSB, it's with the 11X multiplier. Not supported in the Bios. I'm running 1G 100FSB cD0's at 1.33 G with no probs in a 1.06 DO3 (have 133 in that rev). But 1100's will not boot. THat's one of the things I'm wondering were fixed in this is the >10X multiplier issue.

If anyone knows, please post.

-DPF
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

If you have that CPU, try it! I have that BIOS and it works without any problems but I don't have any CPU with 11x multiplier to test.
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
DPF

I do not have them any more. I had to choose between the 1000's or the 1100's and since the 1100's at the time would not boot, the choice was easy :). If I had them, I would surely have tried them the instant the new BIOS came out. Oh well. My concern now is if this BIOS update fixes that and since the microcode has been added for the Tullies I'd love to know if with a P-Leap we could run dual 1.4 P3-S's now. Now that would be sweet. Getting this old relic up to dual 1.4's would be farther than I ever thought I could haver taken when I got it :). That's an awful lot of money for a "fingers crossed" operation so I'm keeping an eye out for anyoine who may have an opportunity to try it.

-DPF
DPF

I have no more news on the BIOS issue, just wanted to throw up a little more info I've gotten from other forums. Apparently, the 10X multiplier thing is just a bug in the BIOS for P2B-XX boards, not due to some four versus 5 digit thing that some have claimed. Apparently 13X will work (1.3GHz Tully Celeron with BX hack), but 11 and 12 will not. Does that mean 10.5 (1.4Ghz P3-S?) I don't know. Maybe the bug was fixed with this latest release. No ones been able to test it yet. I may be able to get my hands on a 1.1 or two in the near future, maybe. If so, I'll try and post results.

-DPF
DPF

Just got an email from Powerleap that they have a compatible P-ilp3t..... bios for all P2B series boards. Followed their link to.......

the 1014 beta2 bios on Asus ftp.

The multiplier and tully microcode issues are resolved with this bios.

My "little BX that could" may live on a little while longer.

-DPF
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

Looks good :D
Even the BIOS they were selling disappeared.
DPF

Now if only I had any money. It will be a long time before those 1.4S 512's are reasonable. Maybe I'l have another chance at 1.1's sometime.
-DPF
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

Too bad that my P2B is rev 1.10, one of the older which supports min. 1.8V core voltage. That's too much for Tualatin (1.75V is absolute maximum rating)... maybe it will work, but with massive cooling which I don't want (I have Celeron 600 overclocked to 900 with standard Intel-box heatsink/fan).
DPF

That's exactly what the PowerLeaps are for. You can run the Tualatin Celeries as fast as your MB FSB will go on PowerLeap. Many on other forums run Tully Cellies at 133 or higher FSB. If you get a Tullie celly 1.2 and run it at 133 on that P2b at default voltage you'll be inpretty good shape. The Pl-ipt3/T takes the voltage down to default and the AGTL+ down to 1.25 or whatever. If it can do it at default voltage. But theyll run stock or faster in the MB no prob with that slocket.

-DPF
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

The problem is that I don't want to buy the PowerLeap adapter - it's expensive and noone sells it here.
DPF

Oh, that explains it. Sorry.
-DPF
majales

Does enyone tried last beta bios (1014 beta 2 ) with processor with multiplier higer then 10? Did they correct the multiplier bug already?
DPF

There has been no "official test" that I know of. The only positive is that with this BIOS PowerLeap supports the P2B Series now with the Tullies, including the Celeron's, which have 11X and higher multipliers. This basically shows that they work now and the Bios issue has been fixed for 11 and 12X. Thus your 1100's should work now. I would feel safe trying it out at this point. Again, this is no gaurantee, it has not been tested by me. I'm dyin to get my hands on 1100's or 1.4 Tullies and PowerLeaps (10.5X). I'm just offering input from following this with PowerLeap for a while in anticipation, no gaurantees.

From their actions I find it safe to *assume* the multiplier issue is fixed and I know Tullie microcode has been added, I went in and looked. Good luck if you decide to try it.

-DPF
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Just for Information :
1014 Beta 003 released !
http://www.asuscom.de/support/techmain/technical.htm