ASUS P5B Mobo BIOS Question

BIOS Questions that don't belong in the other forums. Read them!
p23185
New visitors - please read the rules.

Does anyone know if Asus P5B Mobo's BIOS (from Asus website spec: 8 Mb Flash ROM, AMI BIOS, PnP, DMI2.0, WfM2.0, SM BIOS 2.3, ACPI 2.0a, ASUS EZ Flash 2, ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3) will operate in a 64bit mode? I am contemplating a purchase and will have Intel Core 2 Duo and eventually Microsoft Vista. The Intel info says make sure the BIOS will support. Before I purchase the Mobo I would like to know if I can eventually upgrade to 64 bit somewhere down the road.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

It is Core2 Duo compatible:
http://www.asus.com.tw/products.aspx?l1 ... odelmenu=1

I'm just not sure what you mean exactly with 64bit mode support.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
p23185
New visitors - please read the rules.

I am hacving DVD Burner problems and cannot get the DMA to report on in Nero even though the IDE controllers report it set to DMA if Available, Mode 5. I have used the Regedit procedure, and the IDE uninstall procedure to reset the CRC problem (6 and down to PIO). BUT Nero always logs the DMA as off in the the burner logs, whether the burn failed or was sucessful.

In my BIOS "IDE Config" says it is set to SATA confiig [Enhanced] - right below it says "Config SATA as [IDE]. Options under here are "IDE" or "AHCI" I have prim and sec SATA drives and a third PATA drive connected as slave on the parallel IDE cable, with Mem 16X DVD burner as the master. What should the setting be for "IDE Config"?

When I look inside Windows XP Home, Device Manager I see IDE controllers for 2 port SATA, 4 port SATA, two Primary IDE channels and two Secondary IDE channels, EVEN THOUGH MY MOBO only has ONE PATA connector.

Lastly, does anyone have a reference I can go to that would help me understand the hybrid SATA and PATA drive setup? Most stuff I have found either address SATA OR PATA but not combined.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Sounds more like an issue with either Nero not recognizing the DVD-burner capabilities properly and/or older firmware problem on the DVD-drive.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...