BIOS how to remove graphics card in

BIOS Questions that don't belong in the other forums. Read them!
ashleyc
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi,

I have a Packard Dell desktop with Windows Vista and recently my graphics card burned out (to such an extent that I can’t use it again to disable). I took my PC to PC World and the assistant in the shop replaced my graphics card with a nvidia GeeForce 8400GS. He told me that when I got home I’d need to disable my old graphics card, but when I turn on my computer to do this all I see is a black screen with the white mouse icon.

I have therefore started the computer in BIOS by pressing F2 on start-up to try to disable my graphics card but am unable to see what I need to change / do?

The main menu options are:

1) Main Menu
I. IDE Channel 0 Master
II. IDE Channel 0 Slave
III. IDE Channel 2 Master
IV. IDE Channel 3 Master

2) Advanced
3) CPU Config
4) Advanced BIOS
5) Advanced Chip set features
6) Integrated Peripherals
7) Power Management Set-up
8) PNP / PCI Config
9) PC Health Status

What menu do I need to go into / what specifically do I need to change?

Once changed what are the next steps? Do I then need to remove any programs / hardware once in Windows Vista before I install the new graphics card software?

Any advice is much appreciated

Thanks

Ashley
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

The steps depend on what your current system model is, so series (iMax, iMedia, iMedia XS, iPower, iXtreme, oneTwo) and model (PT.U*** or PW.U**). This way we know what the other menus might be. Otherwise we will have to guess a bit.

Most systems let you select either the video card installed in the main video card slot (PCI Express x16 or AGP) or a video card installed in a different slot as the primary video card. Look for a BIOS setting named 'Primary Video', 'Initialize First', 'Init Display First' or similar.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...