BIOS Settings

BIOS Questions that don't belong in the other forums. Read them!
boardwriter47
New visitors - please read the rules.

I changed my BIOS settings a few months ago. Nothing major. What I was wondering was how do I find out what the settings were before I touched them. I have the pc from new and the mainboard is *Intel Corporation WS440BX* and the System Chipset is *Intel Corporation 82443BX/ZX*. Is the BIOS set before Gateway receive it or is it set after they assemble the Computer? At the end of the day I would prefer to have the settings in their original state. Thank you for any helpful responses.
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

Generally a motherboard comes from the manufacturer with the battery disconnected. This means that the CMOS set-up will be done by whoever assembles the computer.
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

Most probably they set up only system time and left the other settings at default values.
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
boardwriter47

So this means I can either remove & replace the battery and the BIOS will go to default but there is a possiblity that Gateway have setup the CMOS. Whichever I do I still won't know if the Computer came to me with Default settings.
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

True.
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"
boardwriter47

Thanks for the help Rainbow & NickS. I'll just let it go and think what else to break. Thanks again for the help.