Bios update gone wrong...

BIOS Questions that don't belong in the other forums. Read them!
lokesh
New visitors - please read the rules.

OK...Here goes...I've screwed up while updating my bios. I downloaded the correct update version for my motherboard (QDI Advanced 9), and followed the instructions given by the manufacturer before updating....all signs show the update was successful, but when I switch on my PC, it seems to boot OK, but when it gets to loading Windows (XP), it just shows a black DOS type screen, and does nothing else. I tried updating the bios, changing it's settings, and all I could think of, but nothing...on the contrary, I now get a message saying I'm missing some .dll file from the windows root folder.... :oops:

I assume reinstalling Windows or formatting my drives won't help (I'm not too sure about that though...), so I ask for anyone's help to solve the issue.... :idea:

Thanks,

Lokesh.
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Clear CMOS and load Setup or Performance defaults in Bios
lokesh

Thanks, but I've tried already....nothing happened, so I tried formatting my drives, but I now get the message that some .cab file is missing so my windows installation won't continue, and if the installing can't continue, how can I reinstall the .dll files which are missing????....so now I'm really stuck: Bios works OK, but can't install an operating system....Any way I can reinstall any version of Windows and then, if neccessary, upgrade to XP without getting the mentioned errors? :cry:

Thanks again.
:?
Lokesh
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Was the board working with XP before the upgrade?
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
lokesh

edwin wrote:Was the board working with XP before the upgrade?
Yes, the board worked fine with XP....Any advice?

Thanks,

Lokesh. :?