Can I modify the BIOS version/revision and date?

BIOS Questions that don't belong in the other forums. Read them!
username
New visitors - please read the rules.

This is my current BIOS (http://www.box.com/s/enujrt37xjzyc9t8f9id (modded version A10)) installed in my Dell Dimension 4700 and what I'd like to do is change the BIOS version and date. I tried replacing the five "A10" (I left one A10 alone because it appears in older version that I looked at) and the date in the .hdr header file, fixed the CRC32 and tried flashing it but it won't do it and says it failed one or more consistency checks. Any and all help appreciated.

Edit: I should add that it's an Old Dell BIOS - Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A10. I thought it was going to work because when I manually replaced a CPU microcode, I basically did the same thing to the .hdr and the flash was successful (using the .exe created by the latest version of DCCU (3.1.1230)).
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Nope. You cannot mask your modded bios being an official Dell release and then remotely flash it throughout your organization, sorry...
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
username

edwin wrote:Nope. You cannot mask your modded bios being an official Dell release and then remotely flash it throughout your organization, sorry...
I don't understand your last sentence, what do you mean? I never mentioned remotely flashing or an organization. :?
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Sorry, being a bit sarcastic there, seeing so many people trying to circumvent windows licensing etc... Please ignore.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

username

edwin wrote:Sorry, being a bit sarcastic there, seeing so many people trying to circumvent windows licensing etc... Please ignore.
Okay. So how do you know that it's not able to be modified?
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

The only way you can make this work is to find out how the CRC's are organized in the .HDR file and find all the places where the release date and revision are kept. With a hex editor, because as far as known there's no .hdr tool/"editor" out there like there is for the bios files themselves.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

srenth10

Can any one help me to mod this Bios File
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

the hardware in this sytem does not support the latest and greatest processors,
it is not going to make your system magically faster
or reduce the amount of crashes in windows.

what exactly are you expecting from the mod?
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything