Correct BIOS for DFI NFII Ultra Infinity

BIOS Questions that don't belong in the other forums. Read them!
sticker
New visitors - please read the rules.

zonxar wrote:Strange, the link works fine for me.
This information applied to :BIOS ID error

Doc. No. 30001922
Date 2004/07/18
FAQ Latest
What should I do when there's error message of "BIOS ID error. Are you sure to program?" upon flashing BIOS with "Winflash" or "Radarsync"?

Answer :

Please click "No" and quit the "Winflash" or "Radarsync" if you faced the warning message of "BIOS ID error. Are you sure to program?" upon flashing BIOS. We suggest you using "Diamond Flash Image" to flash BIOS, instead. If you still prefer using "Winflash" or "Radarsync", please remove the original version and re-install the version downloaded from URL http://www.dfi.com.tw/Upload/Driver/WinFlash-875Inf.zip.

If you click "Yes" and keep on program, you will face "BIOS ROM Checksum Error" and the keyboard will freeze. If this symptom already happens, please check with regional retailer or distributor for RMA service for replacing BIOS ROM. If you can replace BIOS ROM by you yourself, please send request along with address and contact phone number to following e-mail addresses. Upon replacing BIOS ROM, please watch out the identification of pin#1.

Northern, Central and Southern America - "techsupport@dfiweb.com"

Europe - "support@dfi-europe.nl"

Other Areas - "dfits@dfi.com.tw"
Below this quote there is a graphic image of the WinFlash utility in action.

:)
Thanks!
-= FIRE WALK WITH ME =-
sticker

Download the Winflash BIOS file as recommended and extraxted it reads now as WinFlash-875Inf

But I'm getting an eror message when I try to update; Size doesn't match the mainboard BIOS...

See image below

http://www.gardaclub.ie/winflash.jpg

HELP!
-= FIRE WALK WITH ME =-
sticker

BUMPING
-= FIRE WALK WITH ME =-
Denniss
BIOS Guru

You need to download the Winflash utility and open/install it. Then you need to download a Bios for your board (use the latest one), decompress it then flash it with winflash.

It seems you have a lot of problems trying to flash your bios - maybe it's better to ask friends/relatives to help you to avoid damage to our comp.
sticker

Denniss wrote:You need to download the Winflash utility and open/install it. Then you need to download a Bios for your board (use the latest one), decompress it then flash it with winflash.

It seems you have a lot of problems trying to flash your bios - maybe it's better to ask friends/relatives to help you to avoid damage to our comp.
Appreciate the help - I'm just learning as I go...

Which is the BIOS suited mo a general upgrade?

Link to my boards BIOS alternatives:
http://www.dfi.com.tw/Support/Download/ ... =A&SITE=US
-= FIRE WALK WITH ME =-
sticker

BUMPING
-= FIRE WALK WITH ME =-