Flashed a new BIOS, Floppy not booting or Working in DOS

BIOS Questions that don't belong in the other forums. Read them!
feckengobsheen
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi
Since I "successfully" flashed my BIOS I haven't been able to boot from a floppy or access the floppy drive in DOS. However, I can use the disk drive in Windows 95 without any problems. Is there any options in CMOS that could be changed in order to solve this. (The Boot Sequence is correct, When floppy seek is enabled a disk error appears and when its disabled it doesnt help.
Sorry but i dont have the exact details of the new BIOS at the mo but il add to this soon.

My old BIOS details were:
BIOS Type: Award
BIOS Date: 03/03/97
BIOS ID String: 03/03/97-I430VX-02071997C-00
OEM Signon: Release 03/03/1997S
Chipset: INTEL TRITON 430VX REV 2
Super I/O: UMC/ITE 8669 FOUND AT PORT 108H

I purchased (yes it sounds stupid) a update from esupport.com because it was nice and handy, and I expected some "esupport". I have posed this question to them and they deny that the upgrade could have caused any problems but have made no positive suggestions. Can anyone tell me why it works in Windows that would nearly be as good as a solution!

Il post the new BIOS information soon.

Hopefully someone can help me anything could lead me on the path to enlightenment.

Thanks in Advance
feckengobsheen

Hi
Ya sorry about this. Having the information in two parts. I legged it back home and checked it out. Why didnt I think of that before sending the first post.
BIOS ID : 03/12/2001-i430VX,UMC866-2A59GH2BC-00
BIOS Date : 03/12/01
BIOS OEM Signon : (Release 3.0) AwardBIOS Upgrade Provided by
eSupport.com

Im not sure if there is any other problems with the computer which could be symptoms of the same problem or the like but I only use it for games (old obviously), music and videos. O and an odd bit of typing. I no expert but im supposedly studying electronics so hopefully il understand any help i get.

Thanks in Advance
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

Why did you buy the "upgrade"?
It's PC Chips board with i430VX chipset and UMC Super I/O chip with Small block flash - there's a patched BIOS at http://wims.rainbow-software.org/ which supports HDDs up to 64GB.
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

feckengobsheen wrote:Is there any options in CMOS that could be changed in order to solve this. (The Boot Sequence is correct, When floppy seek is enabled a disk error appears and when its disabled it doesnt help.
- I hope you're not insulted, but have you checked the diskette type set in CMOS ?
- You've simply flashed the CMOS and not moved any cables ? Putting the diskette cable back half-on and half-off used to be a favourite of mine.
feckengobsheen

Rainbow
I bought the upgrade because Im an absolute novice, and was afraid to flash the BIOS with updates I was finding because when I googled my BIOS ID I got reports that it was several different motherboards by several different manufacturers and at the time I could find no one to ask what the story was. It was only when I came up to college where I could browse freely (for free and without blocking up the phone line at home, it drives the parents crazy) and it was here I came across your forum. Scanned through it and found that everone was helpful and decided to post. Its not a particularly good excuse but hey it's the truth. Thanks for info though do you think that flashing this BIOS will help solve the problem.

NickS
Thanks. Im not insulted but had checked it out. I didnt move any cables but they would be the most obvious thing to check at this stage, havent done it yet I have to track down a screwdriver. Im pathetic.

Thanks a bunch guys.