Is flashing my bios worth it?

BIOS Questions that don't belong in the other forums. Read them!
blockinmypocket
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hello, I have a HP pavilion a1210n (A8AE-LE AmberineM motherboard) that I have kept alive over the years with hardware upgrades. I have read where some bios revisions on certain motherboards resulted in large performance gains but I cannot find any revision notes on the A8AE-LE bios updates, I checked and I'm currently using bios revision 3.07 and I see they are up to 3.15 now.

My question is for anybody that can remember if any of those bios updates added any optimization of any kind or if it's all for compatibility, will going from 3.07 to 3.15 optimize my machine at all? I have no compatibility issues.

Thanks.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

If you have no crashing issues or non-working USB-ports, there's no need for the 3.14 upgrade. Exception if you have version 3.13 as that is idling your CPU at 60-100% but it seems you have 3.07. 3.14 adds some CPU models so you can upgrade the board to a wider range of CPUs...
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
blockinmypocket
New visitors - please read the rules.

Thanks a lot, I will wait until later when/if I buy a 939 dual core assuming it would need updating for it, as of now this PC runs well.

The socket 939 dual cores seem a bit pricey compared to more modern cpu's, I wonder if they're even worth it.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Check the price of a 939, then check the price of a cheap AM3 board/CPU/DDR3 memory and know it runs circles around that 939...
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...