Help! - Unable to enter BIOS Setup anymore

BIOS Questions that don't belong in the other forums. Read them!
struan
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi,

Unfortunataly, I have a problem with my old Intel Motherboard RC440BX S/N IURC83722975. I changed the Batterie from this Motherboard, and now I'am not able to access the Bios Settings anymore.
Bios should by a Phoenix Bios as I remember ...
During Startup, I press <F2>. Display switch from "Press <F2> to Setup" to "Entering Setup". The "Entering Setup" Text fickers from white to grey back to white, and the computer continues with the startup sequence.
Unfortunataly PC is only asking for a Floppy Disk
I'm able to boot from a floppy disk, but system will not start from Harddisk (like before). PC was working without any problems before I've changed the Batterie.
I know that the system is old, but I would like to give the PC to my nephew as a gift. So it would be very friendly if you could support me ...

Thanks in advance

Peter
Denniss
BIOS Guru

I had this problem often with some Intel mainboards - I tried everything to get into Bios . Even jumpering Configuration mode did not work .

AFAIK I jumpered the board to recovery mode and removed the battery then I switched the thing on but left the floppy without disk .
Then I switched off and tried the normal mode .
Sometime it worked and sometimes not .
Then I removed power completely(power cord off + pressing power buton twice) and removed the battery and inserted 20€-Cent into the battery socket .
Left this in for 10-30 minutes and then all back and working
struan
New visitors - please read the rules.

Thank you Denniss for your answere, but you suggestions didn't work. I did everything you suggest, but without any success. Same result like before ....
Ritchie
BIOS Guru

I had a problem similar to this before, where the BIOS would not power up. Wasn't an Intel board though. But we taken out the batter, completely remove the clear CMOS jumper plug, disconnected power to both the pow supp/main board and pow/supp wall and then left the system like that overnight. Then it was OK next morning.

I think I also suggested this to someone on another forum with a similar problem, and again I cannot remember whether the board was Intel but I think it also worked.

So you might as well give something like this a go prior to discarding anything.