How to get THAT .bin file???

BIOS Questions that don't belong in the other forums. Read them!
kingxgr
New visitors - please read the rules.

In "Manufacturer Links" under SOYO I discovered a .bin file that updates my BIOS... and to be more precise "5va0710b.bin" but I have no idea how to get into the ftp://ftp.soyo.nl site to download it... The ftp asks for username and pass and doesn't allow anonymous log in :-(
Could someone be of an assistance?
Thanks in advance :-)
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

I would like to know that too... There were some very new BIOSes there which are now not present on any other Soyo sites... :(
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

Soyo.nl ceased to exist quite some time ago. I used to betatest some BIOS files for them. Control has been taken over by Soyo Deutschland.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

no internal contacts you could ask for those files?
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
kingxgr
New visitors - please read the rules.

I wish I had such luck to know insiders, hehehe!

Anyway I think, I will stick to 5va0911h.bin for the BIOS update. Unless you have any other advice or ideas.

Its actual state is still: 01/13/97-i430VX-8669-2A59GS2IC-00 and I HAVE to try BIOS update because I have tried almost everything else and the system is the most unstable thing I have ever seen!
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

kingxgr wrote:I wish I had such luck to know insiders, hehehe!

Anyway I think, I will stick to 5va0911h.bin for the BIOS update. Unless you have any other advice or ideas.

Its actual state is still: 01/13/97-i430VX-8669-2A59GS2IC-00 and I HAVE to try BIOS update because I have tried almost everything else and the system is the most unstable thing I have ever seen!
insider question was for ajz.

unstable i430VX systems are not uncommon. you could try a fresh windows install.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

Ouch... it's been 4 years or so already that I've not kept in touch with them. I only remember the Dutch SOYO dude was called Ivan Kruhl.