How to make AWARD Modular 6.00 PGN upgrade under XP without

BIOS Questions that don't belong in the other forums. Read them!
LinusF
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have WinXP Pro and a need to move to a newer BIOS version. Known requirement for some software. Question: The AWDFLASH.EXE text file blandly states that a DOS boot without CONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT is needed. MS Knowledge base has nothing and none of my XP materials seem to yield an answer. Any ideas? :lol:

MoBo: BIOSTAR M7VKB (VIA) with AMD Thunderbird 1.2 GHz
soupy
Absentee administrator

Flash your BIOS at your own risk.
LinusF

I had found the MS INSTALL file on the MS site but wondered if it allows booting to simply a DOS prompt before getting through the key start up files. Would you know or have a suggestion in getting around the programming? Otherwise I also got a copy of DOS 6.22 for XP and figure that should work. Again, Thanks.
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Use a Dos6x or the DRDOS Bootdisk and copy the necessary files onto it for a Biosflash !
LinusF

By the way, some one might want to test a few options and post them (it) in the Golden Oldies thread. I'll try this one and get back.
LinusF

I brought down a copy of a DOS 6.2 boot disk, took off many of the unneeded files. Worked like a champ. Thanks --- and I really do think someone should post a procedure in the Collected Wisdom list. Save a bit of extra typing. Thanks!