Most likely BIOS/Mobo

BIOS Questions that don't belong in the other forums. Read them!
dante767
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hey guys, slight problem with my PC. Wanted to switch from my ABIT BE6 motherboardt to whatever motherboard i had in a backup computer. Got it all switched over and .... nada, no booting, no error msg's nothing. Tried a few things still no go so i moved everything back to the BE6. Now when i start up it gives me the Award Plug and Play line followed by the copyright line and freezes there. No keyboard response, the keyboard LEDs stay lit, when i connect the speaker it gives 3 - 2 - 8 beeps(i believe, they are running together and i cannot be sure). I think its the mobo, which is really crappy to begin with. Any idea or suggestions on what i can do, or should i just go out and get a better mobo? Comp specs to follow.

Specs:
Abit BE6 (BIOS - 2a69ka1uc-lq)
384mb RAM
40GB HD
ATI Radeon 7500
Soundblaster Live Platinum EX
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

Check the capacitors around Slot 1 - on some Abit boards, they began to "grow" and lose capacity. The board then becomes unstable and finally dead. If they're bad, replacing them will fix the board.
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
dante767
New visitors - please read the rules.

interesting, ill take a look. Course the thing booted right up after i posted this.....of course...but ill definatly look into that