Notebook PSU/mobile power solution

BIOS Questions that don't belong in the other forums. Read them!
gangsta
BIOS Rookie

My borthers' old plasma notebook pc (8 years old) has reached its end of life sort of. So we decided to upgrade all its hardware ourselves raher than spend a lot of money on an expensive "brand name".
So we were able to find almost all the needed replacement components including the mobo with one exception being a mobile/small/ Power Supply that acts as a charger as well. The old Power Supply still works but the old NiMH battary is not good (leaking actually!!). Because we do not know where to get it we decide to replace this part with a new Lithium type power source.

Now this is the last hurdle we are having, where can we get / buy this type of Lithium battery that would be compatible to power this notebook & at the same time work with the PSU/charger we have.

Are there are places selling ready-to-go power kits including PSU & Lithium battary designed to power notebook mobos available for retail ...

any website that specializes in this "home-made" type notebook power supplies?
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

I think that the best solution is to replace the NiMH battery with another NiMH. Check the voltage (V) and capacity (mAH) of the old one and search for something like that.
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
gangsta
BIOS Rookie

Rainbow wrote:I think that the best solution is to replace the NiMH battery with another NiMH. Check the voltage (V) and capacity (mAH) of the old one and search for something like that.
The old batteries are in a very bad condition & we can hardly see any thing printed on them . They are round & sort of like C size alkaline but twice as long.
That is why we think replacement with Lithium is better, at least Lithium doesn't leak like this & lasts longer.

Some people have suggested to us using off shelf "supermarket-type" rechargable toy car lithium batteris; but some how I don't think this will work. None the less, I was able to find 7 volt mobile phone Lithium batteries, with the charger. I don't know if they are any good or how long they are going to last with a computer.
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

Lithium batteries are very sensitive to correct charging and cannot provide as much current as NiMH or NiCd. NiMH batteries (as well as NiCd) are made from cells (they're 1.2 volts each for NiCd, don't know the voltage for NiMH). If they're C sized but twice as long, you will probably find two C sized cells inside. So you can buy C sized NiMH batteries and make new batteries easily.
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere